WHY WE TITLE 9K
In 2003, when the inaugural Title 9K starting gun rang out in the clear blue Boulder sky, we did not yet know what sort of evolution was to take place. We did not know that first Mother’s Day would spawn a run series in multiple cities, or that it would become such a big part of who we are as a company. While our races have grown over time, the root of why of we Title 9K has always remained the same.
Fun runs with colored dust or costume themes were not yet a commonplace affair when the our run series was born. The Title 9K was created as a celebration of women and girls in sport, a pavement party in honor of active living. We wanted to have an event that welcomed women of every pace, one that celebrates the new mother walking with her baby jogger with as grand a cheer as the gal who breaks the finish line tape. (And who might also have a baby jogger!)
OUR RACE IS DIFFERENT – AND WE LIKE IT THAT WAY.
While it is a run event, no Boston Qualifier times will come from our courses, and we are okay with that. The Title 9K series is different, and here are some of the reasons why:
- 9K distance: At not 5K or 10K but 9K long, our events are an automatic personal best for the more competitive runner, or a great challenge for she who is making the move to get off the couch and over the finish line.
- A place for every pace: The minimum pace to keep in order to finish is around 35 minutes per mile (about 26 minutes per kilometer). This means that even most recreational walkers will still get a finish line celebration. And if you’re joining us in Spokane, there’s a 5K (3.1 mile) option as well.
- Stroller division: Roll on, mother runner! You and your single, double or even triple-wide baby jogger are welcome (yes, we’ve seen them out there)! All Title 9Ks offer a category just for baby joggers, and we don’t force you to stay at the back of the pack if you don’t think you belong there.
- The Ragamuffin Run: Why not get the kids in on the action too? Our free pre-race Ragamuffin Run offers kids a chance to take part in the action! Three divisions with age-appropriate distances are offered: the Rumbling Reds (ages 2-3,) Blazing Blues (ages 4-5,) and Yahoo Yellows (ages 6-8).
- Prize Divisions: Every finisher comes away with a custom Specialized water bottle, plus there are additional prizes for the top finishers. The top three overall women, boy and girl under 18, woman over 69, and baby jogger runner over the finish line of our 9K each receive a great prize bundle, including a Patagonia backpack! Speed isn’t the only way to win: we also award a prize bundle to the winner of ‘most inspirational story,’ written on why they run (details on our registration page).
- Goodie Bag and Race Expo: Our reusable goodie bags, popular at T9HQ as lunch totes, are stuffed with snacks and other goodies contributed by vendors with a local focus. Good stuff, like samples of our favorite sunscreens, run fuels, snacks, and the like. Our awesome expo vendors are there to support your race with educational information, free samples, and schwag.
- Race Tee: All adult registrants will receive a super sweet woman’s cut T9K T-shirt from Title Nine. We offer sizes XS through XL. (Girls and boys under 18 will receive a custom T9K hat instead of a T-shirt.)
- Photographic Proof: All course photographs are posted after the race free of charge, and every race expo features a backdrop, complete with photo booth props, so participants can take a Title Nine catalog cover photo.
Plus, who could say no to some of the greatest fans and cheerleaders out there?
Why do YOU Title 9K? Share with us below!
Ready to run? Register now!
Spokane 9K runners, get training with our 9 Weeks Till T9K Training Plan!