Woman owned and operated with a very open, honest dialogue with their customer base and backers, partnering with Bia Sport for our upcoming Bay Area Title 9K was a natural choice. The fastest woman and fastest gal over the line in September will both receive a killer prize pack, including the new-to-market Bia multisport GPS watch.
This T9HQ resident gear junkie was thrilled to get her paws on a Bia – and am even more thrilled to announce that Title Nine and Bia Sport are teaming up to give YOU a chance to win a Kickstarter edition watch of your own! Simply register for the Bay Area Title 9K by Friday, August 29th and you’ll be automatically entered to win.
With the watch fresh off of Kickstarter, I was fortunate enough to meet with the gals from Bia Sport in person and receive a Kickstarter edition Bia to try. I’ll admit that I love my current Garmin – we’ve been through a lot of firsts together – but I was amazed at some of the new features Bia pulled out.
Here at Title Nine, we work hard together, both in the office and in the gym. With a rowdy, all-levels bunch like ours, a special sort of trainer is required to lead group workouts. It’s no wonder that ever modest superwoman-in-her-own-right Jessica of local gym Icechamber is just the woman for the job.
Jessica isn’t one to brag, so we’ll go ahead and toot a horn for her. Not only is Jessica a mom, trainer, and newcomer to the pages of the Title Nine catalog, she is also an elite kettlebell athlete with a long list of accomplishments including:
- 1st American Female Master of Sport in the Long Cycle
- founding member of the first official all-women’s competition kettlebell team
- founding member of Kettleguard, the first patented kettlebell sport lifting wrap
- co-author of Ice Chamber Prenatal Workout DVD
ESSENTIAL WORKOUT TIPS
1. Fuel up before you throw down! It’s absolutely necessary to have the right snack for your workout – before it even happens. [Check out her recipe for Chocolate Oatmeal, below.]
2. The right attitude is everything. Health is the only thing you own, the workout you’re about to embark on a gift. Check your emotional baggage at the door! Picking it up on the way out is optional.
1. My must-have sports bra is the new Form First bra. When you’re sore, pullovers can turn into pajamas if you know what I mean. Hello, back closure, my new best friend when I’m sore!
2. My go-to shoes always have to meld function with style — and fit MY feet properly. My current favorites are Nike Lunar Glides.
QUICK BITS WITH JESSICA
We love/hate/love Jessica because:
“I have always been totally obsessed with mountain climbers, because you can break a quick sweat anywhere! As a trainer, they’re the secret sauce I add to every class.” (Yes… EVERY class. We should know!)
Jake! (Jake is her son.)
Move you love to hate:
Back squats make me break a sweat just KNOWING I have to do them… but they’re a killer move to strengthen your backside, which is essential for being an elite kettlebell athlete.
Guilty (or not so guilty) pleasure:
Iced Mochas from Peet’s. I don’t just love them, I dream about them! I get a small with lowfat milk and have convinced myself it’s a perfect recovery drink, like a more adult chocolate milk. Really, who cares? They make me happy.
Try Jessica’s super simple, super-fueling chocolate oatmeal for yourself:
NOT ALL BRAWN AND MOM.
Jessica holds a Masters Degree in Organizational Communication and draws from her background as a competitive triathlete and former gymnast to build the mental fortitude required for Kettlebell Sport.
When not competing, Jessica serves as the President of Majestev, Inc – the designer and manufacturer of KettleGuard, the #1 wrist protection device for kettlebell lifting.